Modern Persian, called FARSI, is spoken by 120 million people not just in Iran, but also in Afghanistan and Central Asia. Persian is the easiest language to learn. Knowledge of Persian will help you to learn Turkish, Arabic, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto, Blochi, and Hindi and pursue a variety of exciting careers in Government, International business or education.
Our national language, Urdu has more than 60% Persian words. Learning Persian language is not only a source of developing our relations with Iran, Afghanistan Tajikistan and other Persian regional countries but also helps us in fully understanding Urdu language, literature and Allama Iqbal’s poetry.
These are the strengths of the department, we are proud of:
- Persian department has the honor of having six highly foreign qualified PhD faculty members.
- To improve language skills of the student’s new language lab has been installed in collaboration with Islamic Republic of Iran.
- To help the teachers and students to carry out research in different areas of Persian language, Literature, history and culture, Iranology center has been established in collaboration with Islamic Republic of Iran.
- For counseling students a committee has been constituted under the supervision of Dr Mahr Noor Muhammad Khan.
- For professional development of the faculty members, every year, different refresher courses, workshops, conferences and seminars are arranged in Pakistan and Iran in collaboration with Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Provision of financial support to the MA, M.S / MPhil and PhD Persian students by the Iran Pakistan Institute of Persian Studies, Islamabad.